Pages

Saturday 1 May 2021

Percy Jackson: The last Olympian ( Book review )

I've been setting some work for myself to complete during the holidays to keep my learning up to date. Over the following days I shall blog-post about 3 things. My learning of animation, the progress of my narrative, and my thoughts on this new book I received.


To be honest, I've actually had this book for quite some time, but only started reading it recently.  ( Don't worry, I've read the previous books in this series )




I'm thoroughly enjoying this book as it is full of action-packed adventure, as well as interesting and well structured characters.

(Spoilers!!! Including the rest of the books!) 

The storyline is a great feature of this book series as young Percy learns about his place as a Demi-God, also known as "Half-bloods". He goes through a series of adventures, conquering the golden fleece, defeating a giant cyclops, fighting alone, against The Greek god of war, resurrecting a demi-god, visiting the underworld and much more!

(End of spoilers)


I began reading this book yesterday, and I'm already on page one-hundred and sixty six. That's how intriguing it is! Nonetheless, I recommend this book to fictional lovers, or people that enjoy Greek mythology. (Basically me). It features a variety of epic and emotional scenes that keep the reader hooked and wanting to read the whole series. 

What I loved about this book and series is the exploration of Greek mythology, and how the author (Rick Riordian) creates a modern world based on Greek history. Percy is a likeable character. He's humble, but confident, and is able to think in intense situations, resulting in victory. 

This particular book in the series features (More spoilers) Percy Jackson and his friends, who aid a group of gods in the takedown of Kronos and his growing army. This happens at the same time that Typhon (A titan), is reeking havoc throughout his journey to New York City.

What starts off as a mission to help others quickly turns into a fight for life when Percy and his friends are confronted and challenged by the Father of monsters, Typhon. Those angered and betrayed by Percy and the Olympians lend their might in helping Kronos to strengthen his army, determined to stop Percy in his tracks. Not only does Percy have to deal with these confrontations, he also turns 16 in the following year.

So will the prophecy be true? Will he be the decider for the future of mankind?

Anyways, that's my review, so I hope this encourages you to read the book Percy Jackson: The last Olympian. Maybe even read the whole series!

No comments:

Post a Comment