Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Write like Paul Jennings

WALT: write using the structure of a narrative.


On a dark Halloween night a kid named Jack who had bad eyesight was trick-or-treating with his friends. We were all having a lot of fun until my friends dared me to go into what everybody called the haunted house. I had heard about the tales of the so-called haunted house. Some say that who ever goes in never comes back or turns into a freak, I was a brave kid and didn’t believe in those tales. Without fear I stepped into the door and entered the creepy building, *SLAM* the door shut closed. I tried to open it but it was tightly locked, I hear misplaced footsteps coming in my direction so I sprinted away terrified, I hear a big bang from where I was. Looking for exits I continue to run then I slow down, “I wonder where I should really go” I said, then suddenly the floor boards under me start to creak. I try to move but I fall instantly, I land in a werewolf's hands, paralyzed with fear I stay completely still hoping it won’t eat me. I hear something so I slowly move my head towards and see a mummy running towards me and the wolf! I quickly leapt off of the wolfs hands then *BANG* the mummy smashes into the werewolf. It was starting to get suspicious. I walk slowly trying to avoid anything else until I get jump-scared by undead hands that broke through the floor I run away but more hands rise up. They seemed to be zombies and skeletons, the undead creatures broke even more floor by rising up completely and glared at my direction but not me. They were about to run at me but tripped and fell through the floorboards, all these floorboards breaking warned me that they were weak so I walked carefully to a new place. I walked and walked until the wall ahead of me was cracked so I stepped up to the cracked wall and pulled the planks a part, then I saw what I couldn’t believe, I was outside “Finally out of that madness” I screamed. I looked where I came from happily and saw were I was. I was about to go back home but the ground started rumbling Then a horde of monsters, beasts and freaks ran at me I was about to run but then they just stopped a few centimeters away from me. It was until I then noticed that the freaks were blind so I tried giving them my eyesight healing things then they rubbed their eyes and stared at me. I then realized what still might happen so I was about to run but one monster grabbed my hand with me in the position of running. The monster then shook my hand intensely, flinging me up and down and the beast smiled at me then one by one I looked at them gazing upon me grateful for my help so I found my way back home in relief and thought of only one thing, my new friends.
Task description: We needed to write a narrative planned to be like Paul Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment