Pages

Thursday 4 February 2021

"About me"

Talofa Lava! My name is Austin, I am turning 12 this year and I am a year 8 at Pt England School. This year, my teachers are Mrs Stone and Mr Moran. I am fully Samoan, resembling most of my family and culture. Our topic for this year is Tiaki Taonga meaning Cherish Our Treasures.

Some of my hobbies include Programming, Art, Animation and Writing. So far, I am able to use a few coding sites, which mostly consists of an easy to use coding site called “Scratch”, which I recommend to any Programmers that are just either just beginning or even experienced. I am currently learning Minecraft modding, using a variety of different coding techniques and I’m beginning to learn Python and Java. As a result of my programming knowledge, I hope to succeed in a career which accepts my talent.

Another forte of mine is the habit of drawing. According to my parents, I’ve been self taught on how to draw and, I guess, have loved it ever since. My drawing style normally revolves around either stick figures, or fictional, three-dimensional drawings. Evolving from this is my next talent, animation.

Animation first caught my interest… Basically when I saw YouTube. There were so many animations with stick figures, objects. Even stop motion was in the mix. All this inspiration moved me to animating. You may know some of my animations like “Animation thing” or “Cave art”. Some of my more recent projects like “stick fight”. Overall, Animation is something I love and also want to work on.

I may move on from talking about writing, as this whole blog post is about “About Me” However, I may talk about it in future projects. Anyways, moving on, I also enjoy watching movies and YouTube, of course, sometimes I don’t just watch it for entertainment, but also look into the subject for learning purposes. For example I enjoy watching channels like “Kurzgesagt”, “Ted-ed” “Life noggin” etc.


Welp, this is all I want to tell you about me. A few details I didn’t exactly mention were things about my personality, however I may tell you more about myself in a separate post. Anyways, thanks for reading my “About me” project, bye!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Austin,

    Wow what a clear explanation of your interests! These could lead you to a range of careers - you will have to come and visit in ten years time to tell us what you are doing. Lovely to have you back in room 4.

    ReplyDelete