Pages

Friday 4 December 2020

Art Exhibition! :]

 On Friday, the Fourth of December. We had an art exhibition. In this case, we walked around the school, each class/team had art, revolving around a topic. After being concocted by a student, they would then create it and the piece would then be put on display. All classes walked around the school, finding themselves in different classes with unique art. Our class (Room 4) started off by going into team 4. Their art revolved around Pasifika inspiration. Their art would show with a Polynesian pattern, with a description of its origin. I found this quite interesting! It was helpful to know more about my culture. Well done team 4! As we walked across the pavilion deck, we turned and met team 1’s art. It was absolutely lovely seeing amazing art by such young minds. Their art included a vast summary of a picture, for example, a house or field used with multiple, bright colours. So far, these were some of my favourite pieces. After looking around, and acknowledging the art, we cut through the door and moved through a corridor including last art expo’s art. Eventually, this led to the ICT room, which mostly involved art created by the extension group, I even saw my art! :D



My favourite art was created by team 1 and 2. The reason being that it was incredible seeing such amazing art created by youthful artists. They had many pieces including the following: Picasso inspirations, Indian elephants, Tye dye shirts, Drawings of Taniwhas and etcetera. 



The ICT art was created digitally, using Hyperstudio. Based on New Zealand Kiwianna symbols. The goal was to create a Kiwianna representation of yourself. My art was based on one of my previous homes. It was the view of a lake, home to the street of my old house.


My second art piece originated from Vincent Goph’s famous piece, ‘Starry Night’. This was room 4’s task. We had to recreate ‘Starry Night’. However, the challenge was to use Vincent’s style of painting, which involved using small and light paint strokes. I found this INCREDIBLY hard as there was absolutely no paintbrush to fit the strokes of Vincent. However, I luckily managed to finish it, along with doing part of the side task.


No comments:

Post a Comment